Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Vintage Jazz, 1957 Nothing Whatever To Do

While I work, I listen to a wonderful Vintage Jazz station, on Boston Pete.com.
http://www.bostonpete.com/station009.html

Hosted by Bryan Wright, it is the perfect background for researching antiques. So many of the pieces I see derive from a 100-year period, about 1850 to 1950.

===============================
My mother was an author, and I look for her books on eBay. I especially love seeing an autographed copy, because I know her hands touched it.

My parents were both born in the early 1900s, and died when we were in our early teens. When I touch a vintage piece, I often think of Elsie or John seeing or hearing of it during their lifetime.

A friend in Vermont just gave me three books she had found over the years - one is autographed by my father, a fairly rare specimen.




No comments:

Post a Comment